Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hug, please?

Have you ever wondered, when is the last time you're being hugged by someone you really care about? Your friends, partner and family members, parents especially. For me, I really can't remember the last time I've been hugged, and never hug or being hugged by someone after I've started to going to kindergarten...

Well... From my observation, I've found out that teens now rarely or never give a hug to their parents. Why? I dunno... Cause' I also never hug my parents or brothers consciously... Maybe I might feel awkward and weird... Maybe our culture contribute to this phenomenon...

Sometimes, I have the urge to hug my friend who is especially down or depressed. You know, I really feel bad for doing nothing while you know that your friend needs comfort... I like to listen to people, and understand them, that's the way I make friends. I really wanted to hug them, but I'm afraid that they would feel weird, or feel even more uncomfortable because I'm super skinny...

Some people think that hugging someone means you love them, and that's right! But some people often percive this as only lovers can hug each other. That's why when 2 guys hug each other, they would be 'gay'. Haha, maybe they are, so what? This might be another reason why people don't hug each other, when they really wanted to do, because they don't want misunderstanding, or maybe alienated by other people...

Well, whatever it is, I think hugging is really good! I mean hug with compassion and affection or full with warmth and love, not that superficial or just-for-fun hug. To me, hugging is a way to express and show that you care, you love someone. It's something that words can't discribe, the affections and feelings. Hugging are also proven therapeutic, mentally and physically. And they feels good too~ And hugging not necessarily sexual, although it's used in that way, but the purpose is still the same though.

But why people are not practicing it, given that It brings much benifits. Maybe because it's not as socially acceptable, most people are oversensitive, especially in Asian cultures. But I guess... Just do what you want, but never harm others.

A brief but compassionate hug won't hurt right?

I'll stop for now, after writing so much... I'll give someone a big hug someday, and I'm also hoping someone I cared would give me a hug...

Ps: I guess chubby people are more cuddly~

No comments:

Post a Comment