Friday, June 11, 2010

Lasers!

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation aka Laser are quite dangerous thing if not handled correctly, in my opinion. You see, many people are playing with those red lasers pens or keychains, that's quite alright is some way, as it doesn't have too much power to cause any severe damage.

Although lasers my seems harmless, they are potentially dangerous. Mostly the causes burns through the EM wave they emits. Just now, one of my classmate brought a green laser with him. Well, he's quite a top notch physics student and I'm sure he knows the consequences might caused. But the point is, he's playing with that laser and then my other friends too. I believe he should tell them how powerful his green laser is. Then someone used my N900's camera to capture the laser beam directly:

It's nice izin't it?

See the photo? Nice? Like in Matrix. But whatever, because of this photo, my N900's camera lens get burnt by the laser... Ugh! Heartache!! So let me ask you, the laser burnt my camera lens, how about human's eyes? What if they happened to pointed it directly into other's eyes? It's quite possible that person will suffer optical damages, in severe case, blindness.

Laser is a very dangerous item if not handled correctly, no matter how cheap it is, it's still a laser. Just like a gun or knive, you wouldn't want to mess with it, same goes to lasers. Don't play with lasers, beams of lights might seem harmless, but it might be much more lethal than you'd think.

Well, guess I'll stop now. This is from my personal experience, if you don't agree with it, just do whatever you like, don't regret, I've warned you. My camera... Haiz (T.T)

No comments:

Post a Comment